Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I Do Believe in Magic

Today, just for a little while, I experienced magic. Perhaps it's because this week marks the release of the final Harry Potter film that I am especially nostalgic about all things magical and muggle in nature. As one of my most beloved stories comes to a close, I will surely relive in the final moments of the film the heartache and longing for more of J.K. Rowling's world, as I did with the books. As I have with all books that have transported me into some other world for however long the pages last. These kinds of stories are the kind that convince me that magic is real. Not the kind of magic that comes from the end of a wand, but the kind of magic that is born inside when one finally realizes that there is something greater, some epic purpose to our lives, something beyond our understanding. This kind of magic is awakened someplace deep within and grows like tiny branches of lightning until it reaches my fingertips and toes and eventually my eyes so that I can no longer hold back the tears. This is the kind of magic I experienced today. For a few hours I was immersed in stories yet to be told. Stories that traverse worlds I have never seen, encounter people I have never met, but that hold truths that harken to the world in which I live, all the while begging me to explore that which I don't know. Movies are magic. And today I was completely overwhelmed by the magic that comes with working in this industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment