Monday, June 7, 2010

Grown-up: Day 1

"Welcome to the real world she said to me condescendingly, take your seat..."

As of today I am seated, strapped in and ready to go. This was my first day at my new job, in a new city, in a new state. There's been a lot of change in my life as of late. As I pulled out of the hotel parking lot weeping yesterday, I felt less like a grown-up and more like a girl who is going to miss her family a lot. And although that is true, I am so excited about this next stage in life. I am going to spend the next 6 months working on the set of an independent film that's being shot here in Kansas City. It's a dream job! The kind of job that could be one of those fork-in-the-road, never-looking-back opportunities in life. At least that's what I'm hoping. This blog is how I hope to keep track of the adventures and misadventures in my newly adult life. Here's to hoping for a good start and a great ending, cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This is so exciting. I can't wait to read all about your adventures. Where are you living for now? In a hotel?!

    ReplyDelete